Truro, Bishop Phillpotts’ Library
GPS coordinates: (50.262771, -5.048669)
Notes on the building
- Meeting of the Truro New Public Rooms Company Ltd. Plans of Habershon and Pite accepted. Royal Cornwall Gazette p 3.
- Laying of Foundation stone, Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5, Lake’s Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser p 1.
- Opening of Public Buildings (to which Library was added as an extension), Western Morning News p 3 (includes description of building), Western Morning News p 3, Royal Cornwall Gazette p 4.
- Bishop Temple agrees to attend opening on Western Times p 2.
- Opened by Bishop Temple on Western Morning News p 4, Globe p 1, Western Times p 4, Exeter and Plymouth Gazette p 8, Western Times p 2, Royal Cornwall Gazette p 4.
- Kelly’s Directory of Cornwall p 879.
- Exhibition in Library to raise funds West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser p 11.
- Bazaar to raise funds to pay off remaining debts. Gift of books and money by Preb James Ford of Exeter. Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5.
- Description of the centre of Truro, including Library, Exeter and Plymouth Gazette p 6.
- To be used as a Chapter House, Western Times p 6, Exeter and Plymouth Gazette p 7.
- Kelly’s Directory of Cornwall p 1035.
- Library closed for a week for annual inspection, Western Morning News p 5.
- Kelly’s Directory of Cornwall p 1295.
Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.