Truro, St Mary’s Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Historic England grade II, list entry 1201542.
GPS coordinates: (50.264873, -5.051877)
Notes on the church
- Announcement of laying of Foundation stone on Royal Cornwall Gazette p 2.
- Foundation stone laid on Royal Cornwall Gazette p 2.
- Accident on site where being built Royal Cornwall Gazette p 2.
- Opened on Royal Cornwall Gazette p 3.
- Reopened after enlargement Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5.
- Planned restoration Royal Cornwall Gazette p 4, Cornish Telegraph p 6, Cornishman p 5.
- Reopened after restoration ,
Western Morning News p 4,
Cornish Telegraph p 7,
Royal Cornwall Gazette p 7,
Cornubian and Redruth Times p 7.
Memorial windows of cathedral tinted rolled glass in geometrical designs, and, with two or three exceptions, the whole of these have already been given by private donors.
- Second part of a series on Methodism in Truro, describes history of church, West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser p 4.
The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.