Kenwyn, St Keyne or St Cuby

Chancel east

Entries in grey are not obtained from documentary evidence, but are inferred from content, context, etc.

Date of manufacture and insertion
Number of lights
Beer, Robert of Exeter
Main subject
St Peter : St John the Evangelist : St James the Greater (the three disciples who witnessed the Transfiguration)
Prebendary GJ Cornish, vicar of Kenwyn .
  1. Originally inserted in Chancel east.
  2. The Ecclesiologist No Ⅴ, September 1845, p 241. Cited in Cornish PhD 1998, 120.
  3. Donor from V & A Beer archive, cited in Jim Cheshire’s Ph.D. thesis, University of Exeter, 1998.
  4. Royal Cornwall Gazette p 3.
  5. Moved to South Chapel east during rebuilding when Chancel was extended Royal Cornwall Gazette p 4.
  6. Replacement heads, probably by William Wailes, after vandalism Royal Cornwall Gazette p 8.
  7. Restored in 1979.

Main scenes

Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come (Revelation 4:8).


Left-hand light: St Peter, holding the gold and silver keys.

Tau-rho staurogram ⳨ at the bottom of the left-hand light.

Centre light: St John the Evangelist, holding a chalice from which a dragon is emerging.

The Windows in the Choir of this Church were restored in memory of AMY ELIZABETH NOON .

Inscription at the bottom of the centre light

Right-hand light: St James the Greater, holding a pilgrim’s knapsack and staff.

Pelican in her piety at the bottom of the right-hand light.