Kenwyn, St Keyne or St Cuby

South aisle west

Entries in grey are not obtained from documentary evidence, but are inferred from content, context, etc.

Date of manufacture and insertion
1979
Number of lights
3
Maker
Not known
Main subject
Diocesan arms in centre light, inserted 1979
Tracery subject
Evangelists’ emblems (painted). Cross and decorative.
Notes
  1. “Restored” in 1979. Originally decorative patterns=Edward Carlyon (oral), which may be diaper pattern from the earlier South aisle west (1862).

Tracery: Evangelists’ emblems:

  1. St Matthew: an angel,
  2. St Mark: a winged lion,
  3. St Luke: a winged ox,
  4. St John: an eagle,

Arms of the Diocese of Truro: argent on a saltire gules a key in bend, wards upward, surmounted by a two-edged sword in bend sinister, hilt upwards or, in base a fleur-de-lis sable the whole within a bordure of Cornwall, viz., sable fifteen bezants (Burke, Bernard, The General Armory of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, p 1033. , London, Harrison & Sons).

Arms of the Diocese of Exeter: gules two keys in saltire or, surmounted of a sword in pale proper hilt gold (Burke , op. cit., p 335).