Truro, Cathedral Church of St Mary

SMs8 b. St Mary’s aisle 7 right

Entries in grey are not obtained from documentary evidence, but are inferred from content, context, etc.

Date of manufacture and insertion
1959
Number of lights
2
Maker
Nicholson, AK
Main subject
Tracery and right canopy - medieval fragments, including male figure. St John the Evangelist above female saint with boy playing lyre (probably Medieval Annunciation).
Dedicatee
John Harold and Elizabeth Llewellyn
Notes
  1. Medieval fragments reinserted in tracery by Fouracre and Watson in what had become St Mary’s Aisle of Truro Cathedral. Minutes of Truro Cathedral Executive Committee, TCM/435, .
  2. FWBB 1948, 146 claims right-hand light still plain.
  3. BSMGP Directory 1961 cites AK Nicholson insertion.
  4. Left-hand light was inserted in 1907 (over fifty years earlier).