Truro, Cathedral Church of St Mary

SMs8 a. St Mary’s aisle 7 left

Entries in grey are not obtained from documentary evidence, but are inferred from content, context, etc.

Date of manufacture and insertion
1907
Number of lights
2
Maker
Clayton & Bell
Main subject
Tracery and right canopy - medieval fragments, including male figure. God the Father (Alpha and Omega) above Mary and John the the foot of the Cross.
Donor
“Friends”
Dedicatee
John Garrett (TDF=“Barrett”)
Notes
  1. Medieval fragments reinserted in tracery by Fouracre and Watson in what had become St Mary’s Aisle of Truro Cathedral. Minutes of Truro Cathedral Executive Committee, TCM/435, .
  2. Insertion=TDF 1907 (TDC 1908 : 162).
  3. Right-hand light was inserted in 1959 (over fifty years later).