Truro, Cathedral Church of St Mary

SMs2. St Mary’s aisle 1

Entries in grey are not obtained from documentary evidence, but are inferred from content, context, etc.

Date of manufacture and insertion
1850
Number of lights
2
Maker
Warrington, William
Main subject
Deposition : Entombment
Donor
Revd William Woodis Harvey
Notes
  1. Signed and dated.
  2. Maker, donor, insertion Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5.
  3. The Ecclesiologist, No ⅬⅩⅩⅩⅢ April 1851, p 156. During the last few years, eight windows of painted glass by Mr. Warrington, have been put up in this church, at three several times. These were:
    1845 Chancel east, South aisle east.
    1846 SMs3,
    1847 SMs4, SMs5.
    1850 SMs2, SMs6, SMs7.
  4. Polsue (J Polsue, A Complete Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, vol Ⅳ p 254. William Lake, Truro, ) conflates SMs2, SMs3 and SMs4 and their inscriptions and so refers to SMs5 as the second window in the south wall.
  5. Reinserted by Fouracre and Watson in the same location, which had become St Mary’s Aisle of Truro Cathedral. Minutes of Truro Cathedral Executive Committee, TCM/435, .