St Michael Penkevil, St Michael

Chancel east

Entries in grey are not obtained from documentary evidence, but are inferred from content, context, etc.

Date of manufacture and insertion
1866
Number of lights
3
Maker
Morris, William & Co
Main subject
Three Marys (BJ196) above St Michael and the Devil (WM175a-original) : Christ on the Cross (BJ126b) above St Michael (WM55-original) : St John with Joseph and Nicodemus (BJ197) above St Michael spearing Dragon (BJ52)
Tracery subject
Decorative trefoils - in centre set in wheel
Donor
Anne Frances, Countess Falmouth
Dedicatee
George Henry, 2nd. Earl of Falmouth
Notes
  1. Sewter (2) : 167. Polsue (3) 1870 : 348=Donor/Dedicatee.
  2. Replaces earlier 1854 window (widow of Nain) moved to North Transept east.