St Germans, St Germanus of Auxerre

Nave west

Entries in grey are not obtained from documentary evidence, but are inferred from content, context, etc.

Date of manufacture and insertion
1889
Number of lights
5
Maker
Fouracre & Watson
Main subject
Single lancets :- Upper left Conan : Upper centre Germanus : Upper right Leofric. Lower left Willielmus : Lower right Robert
Subject type
Figurative historical
Donor
Dr Alfred Burton
Dedicatee
Edward John Cornwallis Eliot, Lord Eliot, brother of 4th Earl of St Germans, died
Notes
  1. Death of dedicatee Royal Cornwall Gazette p 1.
  2. CintW 16/2/1889 - announcement of intention to insert.
  3. Manufacturer=CintW 22/6/1889.
  4. CPRO - P68/28/13-17 letter from Revd WS Lach-Szyrma about design 1888.
  5. Mentioned in Royal Cornwall Gazette p 2.

Nave west, upper left: Conan

Nave west, upper centre: St Germanus, dressed as Bishop of Auxerre, wearing a mitre and holding in his left hand a crozier. In his right hand he holds a model of a building, probably Auxerre Cathedral.

Nave west, upper right: Leofric.

Nave west: lower left: Willielmus

Nave west: lower right: Robertus.