St Erth, St Ercus

South Chapel south

Entries in grey are not obtained from documentary evidence, but are inferred from content, context, etc.

Date of manufacture and insertion
1912
Number of lights
3
Maker
Fouracre & Son
Main subject
SS Conan : Erth : Archbishop Benson
Subject type
Figurative historical
Donor
Mrs Hawkins (donor of the western towers of Truro Cathedral)
Dedicatee
Hawkins family
Notes
  1. Truro Diocesan Faculty granted , reported in Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 148. Heard & Sons, Truro.
  2. Maker (The three windows [lights of this window] in the south aisle have been filled with stained glass, painted by Mr. Snell, of Plymouth), donor, Cornishman p 4. Dormer windows and screens were carved by Mr. Rashleigh Pinwell [sic], of Plymouth, which probably means Violet Pinwill.

SS Conan and Erth. On the right is Archbishop Benson, holding a model of Truro Cathedral, in the design of which he was closely involved. The model shows the western towers of the Cathedral which were donated by the donor of this window and built after Benson’s death.