St Dominick, St Dominica

Tower west

Entries in grey are not obtained from documentary evidence, but are inferred from content, context, etc.

Date of manufacture and insertion
Number of lights
2
Maker
Clayton & Bell?
Main subject
SS Dominica : Indractus
Tracery subject
Angel
Notes
  1. TDM 1903 : 296 records an insertion in 1903 - 22/10/1903 - but does not specify position.
  2. Dedication of Stained Glass Window, Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 160 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/11, D/E/4/6).
  3. *Possibly C&B.

St Dominica and her brother, St Indiract.

S Dominica

Left-hand light. St Dominica, the patronal saint of the church, holding a staff, with a crown at her feet.

S Indiractus

Right-hand light. St Indiract holding a staff, from which oak leaves are sprouting. From his left hand hangs a fish. When St Indiract and St Dominica were travelling to Rome, they stopped at a place called Tamerunta (possibly the modern Tamerton Foliot) where he drove his staff into the ground, causing an oak tree to grow, and he caused a pond to provide a plentiful supply of fish.