Phillack, St Felicitas

e1. Chancel east

Entries in grey are not obtained from documentary evidence, but are inferred from content, context, etc.

Date of manufacture and insertion
Number of lights
3
Maker
Wailes, William?
Main subject
BVM : Crucifixion : St John the Evangelist (John 19:25).
Donor
Miss Emilia Monck of Coley Hall, Reading.
Notes
  1. Originally inserted in Chancel east.
  2. Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5, Cornish Telegraph p 3 state that the eastern triplet … representing the Crucifixion … is the pious work of an eminent amateur lady artist, near Reading, and was presented though the Rev. Jeffreys W. Murray, late curate of St. Mary’s, Reading.
  3. Royal Cornwall Gazette p 8 states this was given by Miss Emilia Monck of Reading via Revd Jeffreys Wilkins Murray. May also have been made by her.
  4. J Polsue, A Complete Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, vol IV p 67. William Lake, Truro, cites Chancel east for Crucifixion window.
  5. Visit by members of Penzance Antiquarian and Natural History Society Cornish Telegraph p 6. Crucifixion in chancel window.
  6. Moved in 1909? to North aisle east.
  7. Insertion=windows 4 and 5.
  8. Hidden behind organ. External survey only.
  9. *Manufacturer from small part visible round side of organ