Gwennap, St Wenappa
Historic England grade I, list entry 1328991.
GPS coordinates: (50.217647, -5.170931)
Notes on the church
- J Polsue, A Complete Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, vol II p 130. William Lake, Truro, .
- Kelly’s Directory of Cornwall p 762.
four stained glass windows(not enumerated).
- Restoration nearly completed.
Western Morning News p 4.
Mentions a total of
five painted windowsinserted to date.
- Reopened after restoration: Royal Cornwall Gazette p 4, Royal Cornwall Gazette p 2, Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 138 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/1, D/E/4/1, D/E/5).
- Kelly’s Directory of Cornwall p 887,
Kelly’s Directory of Cornwall p 1117
Kelly’s Directory of Cornwall p 137
mention windows (unspecified locations) in memory of
- The Revd Stephen Barclay Drury, a former curate, died by drowning on Palm Sunday, aged 26. Same dedicatee as Gwithian, Chancel south
- Col Richard Michael Williams ( North aisle east ).
Mrs Beauchamp Tucker, of Trevince( West )
- To be reopened after restoration (six windows inserted): Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5
- Restored 1862 and 1891 (Brown, H Miles, What to look for in Cornish churches. Newton Abbot, David and Charles, ).
The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.