Gulval, St Gulval
Historic England grade II*, list entry 1327829.
GPS coordinates: (50.132414, -5.521055)
Notes on the church
- Reopening after restoration Cornish Telegraph p 3, Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5.
- Kelly’s Directory of Cornwall p 761
the windows are nearly all of stained glass, some of them being very elaborate..
- Kelly’s Directory of Cornwall p 885
the windows, all of which are stained, have been inserted at a total cost of £5,000.
- Conversion of lower part of tower to a vestry Cornishman p 8.
- Reopening after restoration and extension by JP St Aubyn Cornishman p 5, Western Morning News p 5. Royal Cornwall Gazette p 6
- N.Transept & Bolitho chapel 1892, JP St Aubyn (TDC 1893 - 10/10/1892, £4000)
- Kelly’s Directory of Cornwall p 1116.
- £500 left in will of William Bolitho of Ponsandane for window or memorial brass Western Daily Mercury p 5, Royal Cornwall Gazette p 4.
The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.