Yelverton, St Paul
GPS coordinates: (50.490764, -4.086576)
Notes on the church
- Foundatation stone laid , estimated cost £5000, architect Sir Charles Nicholson, Western Morning News p 8.
- Funding of the church Western Morning News p 7.
- Notice of opening on , Western Daily Mercury p 4, Western Daily Mercury p 4.
- Opened on , cost £5585, Western Daily Mercury p 6 (mentions description of church in previous day’s paper, not found).
- On a Hawker Typhoon from 263 Squadron, based at the nearby RAF Harrowbeer, hit the tower of the church and the pilot, Flt Sgt Jack Donnelly Pringle, lost his life in the ensuing plane crash.
The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.