Truro, St John the Evangelist
GPS coordinates: (50.260131, -5.053622)
Notes on the church
- Foundation stone laid : J Polsue, A Complete Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, vol Ⅱ p 332. William Lake, Truro, .
- Opened Royal Cornwall Gazette p 2.
- Consecrated : Royal Cornwall Gazette p 2.
- 1828 - P. Sambell £1842 (Port, MH, Six Hundred New Churches: The Church Building Commission 1818–1856, p 331. Reading, Spire Books Ltd., ).
- Kelly’s Directory p 878.
- Kelly’s Directory p 1035.
- Reopened after alterations including description of windows Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5.
- Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 150 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/3, D/E/4/2) - mentions two windows inserted after restoration.
- Altered –, architect JA Reeve (Park, Jo. The Church of St John the Evangelist, Truro. ): restored.
- Kelly’s Directory p 1294.
The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.