Charlestown, St Paul
GPS coordinates: (50.33609, -4.760666)
Notes on the church
- - architect Christopher Eales, Chapel Place, Cavendish Square, London. Cost £1478 (Port, MH, Six Hundred New Churches: The Church Building Commission 1818–1856, p 331. Reading, Spire Books Ltd., ).
- Foundation stone laid , Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5.
- Notice of consecration on Royal Cornwall Gazette p 4.
- Consecrated on
Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5,
West of England Conservative and Plymouth and Devonport Advertiser p 2.
The windows are plain lancet, three at the east, two over the west door, and at the end of each transept; with a circular window in the gable at each end, and a trefoil in the transept gables.
- J Polsue, A Complete Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, vol I p 50. William Lake, Truro, .
- Kelly’s Directory p 729.
- Kelly’s Directory p 844.
- Re-opened after internal cleaning and renovation, St Austell Star p 4.
- Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 167 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/6, D/E/4/3, TCM/1257/3).
Re-opening of the Church after restoration and re-decoration of the interior.
- Kelly’s Directory p 1067.
- J Hammond, A Cornish Parish: being an Account of St. Austell, Town, Church, District and People, p 293. , London, Skeffington & Son
… the Church, which, alas, has never been wholly paid for … .
The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.