St Mewan, St Mewan

Location

Location map.

GPS coordinates: (50.332484, -4.813859)

Notes on the church

  1. Repaired 1851 - GE Street (Beacham, Peter, Pevsner, Nikolaus, Buildings of England—Cornwall, 3rd edition, p 583. London, Yale University Press, , or 1854 J Polsue, A Complete Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, vol III p 326. William Lake, Truro, - £440 from Parish rate).
  2. Application for aid (Exeter Diocesan Church Building Association): Exeter Flying Post p 5, Royal Cornwall Gazette p 4.
  3. Thoroughly repaired in 1854. There are several stained glass windows. Kelly’s Directory p 817.
  4. Repaired harshly 1865 (Brown, H Miles, What to look for in Cornish churches. Newton Abbot, David and Charles, )
  5. Kelly’s Directory p 958
  6. New aisle to be added, Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5.
  7. JP St Aubyn consulted on new aisle, Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5.
  8. South aisle not yet added, price too high, Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5.
  9. Enlarged 1890, south aisle extended, two stained windows erected, Kelly’s Directory p 1199.
  10. Reopened after restoration Royal Cornwall Gazette p 7.

The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.