St Columb Major, St Columba
Historic England grade I, list entry 1144068.
GPS coordinates: (50.435742, -4.940271)
Notes on the church
- J Polsue, A Complete Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, vol I p 225. William Lake, Truro, .
- Restoration in progress (including windows) Royal Cornwall Gazette p 8.
- Kelly’s Directory of Cornwall p 847.
- Restoration about to start, architect GH Fellowes Prynne, The Builder, Vol LXXIX, , p 84.
- Reopened after restoration, including new windows, by GH Fellowes Prynne, Western Morning News p 4, Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5 Cornish Guardian p 4.
- Restored 1846, 1867 and later (Brown, H Miles, What to look for in Cornish churches. Newton Abbot, David and Charles, ).
The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.