St Cleer, St Clarus
GPS coordinates: (50.486932, -4.471352)
Notes on the church
- Reopened after repair and restoration. Cornish Times p 4.
- Restored (
heavily) 1877 (Brown, H Miles, What to look for in Cornish churches. Newton Abbot, David and Charles, ).
- Contract signed for
paintingof tower and
pickingwalls and arch of Lower Chamber; to be finished before Christmas, £70: Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 149 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/2, D/E/4/1).
- Most or all of the images of saints and angels in the south aisle windows came from the LMC of St Agatha (the ‘Iron Mission Church’) at Draynes, Church Trails in Cornwall leaflet.
- Restoration in progress Cornish & Devon Post p 6.
- Reopened after restoration Cornish & Devon Post p 4.
- Restored - GH Fellowes Prynne Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 162 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/11, D/E/4/6).
The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.