Callington, St Mary
Historic England grade I, list entry 1140073.
GPS coordinates: (50.503546, -4.315703)
Notes on the church
- Announcement of re-opening on after restoration: Cornish Times p 1.
- Reopened after restoration Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5.
- Restored, cost about £900, architect JP St Aubyn, The Builder, Vol XVII, , p 379.
- J Polsue, A Complete Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, vol I p 168. William Lake, Truro, .
- Description of the church Cornish & Devon Post p 8.
- Laying foundation stone of new aisle (includes restoration of windows) Cornish & Devon Post p 4.
- Memorial stone of new north aisle, architect JD Sedding laid on the Feast of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary Royal Cornwall Gazette p 7, Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 153 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/2, D/E/4/2)
- Consecration of new aisle Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 155 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/2, D/E/4/2).
The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.