Par, The Good Shepherd


Location map.

GPS coordinates: (50.350743, -4.704046)

Notes on the church

  1. LMC to Par (CintW 4/7/1896).
  2. Foundation stone to be laid , Cornishman p 4.
  3. Foundation stone laid by Wilfred Gott, son of Bishop Gott, who was also present. Western Evening Herald p 2.
  4. Dedicated by Bishop Gott on . He was the major donor, as a thank-offering for the recovery of his son from typhoid. Western Morning News p 5.
  5. Par—Foundation Stone of the Mission Chapel of The Good Shepherd laid by the Bishop. Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 159 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/9, D/E/4/4).
  6. Dedication by the Bishop of the new Mission Church, of The Good Shepherd, at Par Green. Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 164 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/9, D/E/4/4).
  7. Opening of Bishop Gott memorial room, Western Morning News p 6 (notice of opening), Western Morning News p 6. West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser p 4.
  8. Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 166 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/13, D/E/4/7, TCM/1257/6). Dedication of the Bishop Gott Memorial Window. Probably confusion with opening of Gott memorial room.
  9. - EH Sedding (Church guide).

The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.