Old Kea

Location map.

Notes on the church

  1. Letter from Revd Jeffreys Wilkins Murray listing donors towards rebuilding Royal Cornwall Gazette .
  2. Opened as School Church Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5.
  3. 1858/1862 - builder was William Clemens, Truro (church guide. ) : built next to old tower.
  4. Letter from Revd Jeffreys Wilkins Murray reporting donors Royal Cornwall Gazette p 4.
  5. Need for enlargement Royal Cornwall Gazette p 4.
  6. Letter from Revd Jeffreys Wilkins Murray thanking donors Royal Cornwall Gazette p 6.
  7. Letter from Revd Jeffreys Wilkins Murray listing donors towards restoration, including members of his family West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser p 4.
  8. Announcement of reopening on Royal Cornwall Gazette p 4.
  9. Reopened after addition of south aisle, architect Revd Jeffreys Wilkins Murray, Royal Cornwall Gazette p 8, Morning Post p 3 cites WMN. Royal Cornwall Gazette p 6, John Bull p 7.
  10. Kelly’s Directory p 778.
  11. Stonework of east window of Old Kea came originally from Kenwyn Church, Window made by Miss Monck of Coley Park, near Reading? History of Old Kea, part Ⅰ: Royal Cornwall Gazette p 6.
  12. History of Old Kea, part Ⅱ: Royal Cornwall Gazette p 6.
  13. Reopened after restoration, architect EF Ralling (London), Royal Cornwall Gazette p 8, Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 144 (). Heard & Sons, Truro.
  14. Kelly’s Directory p 908. East window and six other stained windows.
  15. Kelly’s Directory p 1141. East window and six other stained windows.

The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.