Mylor, St Melorus
GPS coordinates: (50.177022, -5.054213)
Notes on the church
- Restored and much rebuilt 1870 (Church guide / J Polsue, A Complete Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, vol III p 388. William Lake, Truro, ).
- Restoration in progress Royal Cornwall Gazette p 8.
- Reopened after restoration, architect Revd Jeffreys Wilkins Murray, Western Morning News p 4, West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser p 2, Royal Cornwall Gazette p 4.
- Reopened after restoration , HP Olivey, Notes on the Parish of Mylor, Cornwall, p 69. , Taunton. Barnicott & Pearce, Athenæum Press..
- Kelly’s Directory p 822:
6 finely stained windows.(Chancel east, South transept extension, North (Carclew) transept east, North (Carclew) transept north, North (Carclew) transept west, Tower west).
- Funds raised by Mr WT Stivey, RN, for many years officer in charge of HM Dockyard, Mylor, towards deficiency arising from rebuilding of the church Royal Cornwall Gazette p 4.
- Kelly’s Directory p 965:
Seven finely stained windows.(as for KD 1873 plus Chancel north).
- Kelly’s Directory p 1208.
- Kelly’s Directory p 227.
The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.