Mount Hawke, St John the Baptist
GPS coordinates: (50.279695, -5.206853)
Notes on the church
- Kelly’s Directory p 822.
- Announcement of laying of Foundation stone on : Royal Cornwall Gazette p 1.
- Laying of Foundation stone Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 66 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/1, D/E/4/1, TCM/1257/1).
- Church designed by AC Hancock of St Agnes, £1025, laying of Foundation stone: Royal Cornwall Gazette p 8.
- Consecrated on : Royal Cornwall Gazette p 8, Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 141 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/1, D/E/4/1, D/E/5).
- Opening of new school and mission room: Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 146 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/2, D/E/4/1).
- Kelly’s Directory p 963.
- Mission room removed from Mount Hawke to St Day Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 162 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/5, D/E/4/3).
- External survey - all tinted glass.
The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.