Madron, St Madern
GPS coordinates: (50.131611, -5.564704)
Notes on the church
- Church damaged by storm .
Higher north windowdemolished. Royal Cornwall Gazette p 5.
- Window inserted in the north aisle to replace window
destroyed by storm of .
Donated by vicar and some parishioners.
Subject unknown, exact location unknown
Cornish Telegraph p 3.
There are now eight windows of stained glass, the whole having been erected during the incumbency of the present Vicar..
- J Polsue, A Complete Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, vol III p 211. William Lake, Truro,
- Kelly’s Directory p 808
nearly all the windows are of stained glass, and some of them are very elaborate.Kelly’s Directory p 946
nearly all the windows are stained.
- Restoration proposed; report by JD Sedding Royal Cornwall Gazette p 6.
almost completeCornishman p 7.
- Description of restoration Cornish Telegraph p 5.
- Reopened after restoration, architect JD Sedding, Royal Cornwall Gazette p 7.
- Reopened after restoration, cost £2,800, architect JD Sedding Truro Diocesan Kalendar p 156 (). Heard & Sons, Truro (D/E/3/5, D/E/4/3).
- Kelly’s Directory p 1186
nearly all the windows are stained.Kelly’s Directory p 221
nearly all the windows are stained..
The windows are listed starting from liturgical east and going round clockwise, looking down on the building from above. Insertion dates are given when a window has been replaced.